Monday, May 10, 2010

Love My Assignments

Well....this week is my 11th week for 2nd semester in Foundation Design. I just didn't realise that it has been eleven weeks since I began my 2nd semester. This semester ran faster than I imagined. My foundation will finish in 14th week. It still has 3 weeks. I just can't imagine I'll go to higherEd after that. That will be more challenges there. sometimes I feel kinda afraid to join with the locals because of my English which is not very well until now. And also, the lecturer who I heard from many sources said that they spoke fast.

hmm.....maybe don't talk about HigherEd right now, hehe :) let's talk about foundation.

Since I started my 2nd semester, I found that my assignments were really fun and fantastic. firstly, I had to do perspectives thing for design studies and the student were not allowed to use RULER. OMG! I found it was very difficult for the first time. but, practice makes perfect. I do believe that. well....maybe not as perfect as my teacher did. I thought it was good enough for beginners. Now, I am doing PACKAGING design. I also thought that this task were really hard, however it went really well since I got the idea. BRAINSTORMING was a good start. believe me.

Secondly, I did visual identity for graphic design. So, we were told to make business card, logo and digital image. It was really fun^^ I love it. I chose a Photography company. I built like a photo studio. I made the logo and the business card. And the 2nd task for this subject is poster design. I haven't done this one. It's still in a process.

Thirdly, I do really love drawing and illustration's class, even though it is really hard to get a high marks. I have submitted 2 assessments and still did not get a satisfied mark. I have to try harder for this one. The teacher, Gareth Basset is my favourite one. His drawings are fantastic. I wish I could draw like he did. He has loved ART since he was in junior-high school until now (he is around 50 now). wew!

I promise I will post my artwork in next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment