Thursday, May 13, 2010

Art, Song and Present

I quite had a great day which I will tell you exactly..

The story began,

I woke up at 3am this morning because I wanted to give a birthday surprise for my mother in Indonesia. I just looked my oldest brother there was giving her surprise by giving her 5 cupcakes. me, my 2nd brother, and the rest of them who in Indonesia were video calling through SKYPE for an hour. I slept again after that.


Dear Mom,
Happy Birthday 
May you always healthy
May all your dreams come true 
May you have more progress in learning and practice Dhamma
Here your daughter's prayer for you
Sadhu..sadhu..sadhu

I woke up very late this morning. AGAIN!! maybe I should set many alarms so I would wake up. Then, I cooked a fried egg like my friend's sister did. The taste was quite same, but the different was in the shape. It's not round like an usually egg and also it scorched. haha :)

My first class in the afternoon is Graphic Design which is taught by Holly-Anne. She is very kind, nice, and also she like to help us with any problem with photoshop and illustrator. I watched many music video in her class, but I had already done with her task before, so I could watch to kill the time. I watched korean singer's MV, such as Super Junior, Girl's Generation and FT Island. I started to like them all today, even though I don't remember all of the members. I just remember LEE HONG KI from FT Island which also an actor in korean drama titled You're Beautiful. 

I watched Super Junior new MV titled BONAMANA. It's very cool. The effect and the dance is so awesome, although I thought that the dance like an aerobic first, but in  the end, they danced energetically and compact to each other. And also, I watched Girl's Generation MV titled Genie. I like their costumes in this MV. I sang their song all the time today and my friends told me to stop. But, I can't because my brain just remember that song, nothing else. haha.. sorry, mates X(

I had GARETH's class this evening. Remember Gareth? My favourite teacher in this semester. His drawing is great and awesome. see below?
Gareth's Perspective Drawing

Gareth's Microscopic Illustration

What an awesome artwork, right? I am nothing compare to him. Here are my drawings today. Today's topic is MICROSCOPIC ILLUSTRATION :)

My Microscopic Illustration
Behind the story of this drawing,
Firstly, I was so desperate to draw this small branch into large scale because we have to drew the detail as well. The detail was very small which my eyes are not able to see it unless I can zoom in in computer.  Then, I drew many lines as I can. I draw the lines messily because it was so cold in the class so I couldn't control my hand. I thought I'll ruined my drawings again. Gareth told me to do cross-hatching in the back so it could be looked darker. I did what he said and TARA!! the result is what you can see above.
I was so happy with this drawings.

And also, I drew a small tree there because I had to much free time in the class, haha
My Small Tree

I got a present today. It's not a present actually. Let me tell you,
When I opened Gareth's cupboard where the students usually put their artwork in, I saw a bag that design students in my campus usually bring.  They usually put their artworks in. It sold in bookshop, but I prefer to buy in Indonesia because it's cheaper.
I asked him "Nobody owned this?". Then, he looked the bag and said that the owner were not here anymore, then he gave me the bag. YEY!!! I was so happy and tell him that he was the best. And you know what was his answer? He said "I know"
hahaha^^ Thanks, Gareth.

The Bag
(I don't know what Australian called it)

No comments:

Post a Comment